Yes I hear you say, rain is vertical. Um.... not usually in Orkney! Yesterday, before the gales returned, I stood on the doorstep listening to the gentle pitter-patter of rain on the flagstones, watching the droplets bouncing gently, and hearing the lovely plip-plop noises of raindrops on puddles. The rain sang through the guttering and I rejoiced in the pure sound of RAIN! Today we are back to the horizontal variety blown by the wind UP down-pipes (watch out incy wincy spiders!), lashing against windows finding any crevice it can to creep through, seeking weaknesses around doors, spitting through key-holes, and pouring through the cat flap so fast I have set Button to bailing out (you can imagine how THAT went...). This afternoon we even had hail showers - they
hurt! Ah well I shall hold the memory for a while of the gentle pitter patter of rain and dream of Gene Kelly......
0 Comments